Ingham Clinton Educators PAC Endorses Peter Spadafore for Lansing City Council Bid
Former Lansing School District Board President Peter Spadafore announced today he has received the endorsement of the Ingham Clinton Educators Political Action Committee, a critical endorsement given by educators across the region.
“I have known Peter to be a strong leader and long term visionary. He will make the tough decisions related to what the City of Lansing needs,” said Chuck Alberts, president of the Lansing Schools Education Association and Chair of ICEPAC. "Peter will work for each citizen of Lansing. He is a proven leader who has vision and follows through on the tough issues."
Spadafore says his experience on the Lansing School Board has direct application to his ability to serve on the Lansing City Council.
“Over the last six years on the Lansing School Board, I have been proud of the work we’ve been able to accomplish with our educators and believe their endorsement signifies a relationship built on mutual trust and collaboration,” Spadafore said. “Their respect means everything to me and I’m so proud to accept their endorsement today.”
Spadafore’s other endorsements for his city council bid include:
• Sam Singh, Michigan House Minority Leader
• Tom Cochran, State Representative
• Joan Bauer, Former State Representative
• Alfreda Schmidt, Former City Council Member
• Sarah Anthony, Ingham County Commissioner
• Todd Tennis, Ingham County Commissioner
• Barb Byrum, Ingham County Clerk
• Ken Fletcher, Delta Township Supervisor
• Rachel Lewis, Lansing School Board President
• Shirley Rodgers, Lansing School Board Treasurer
• Gabrielle Johnson Lawrence, Lansing School Board
• Bryan Beverly, Lansing School Board
• Missy Lilje, Lansing School Board
• Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Greater Lansing Association of REALTORS
• Lansing Area Firefighters Local 421
• IBEW Local 665
• UFCW 951
• Run for Something
• The People’s Action League
• 4th Ward Progressives
Spadafore was previously elected President of the Lansing School Board and currently serves as Secretary. He works as Associate Executive Director for Government Relations for the Michigan Association of School Administrators. Peter is a graduate of James Madison College at Michigan State University where he studied Social Relations and Policy with an emphasis on education policy.
“I’m running to return Lansing’s priorities back where they belong – the people,” Spadafore said. “Lansing families deserve safe and reliable roads, great public schools, and more good-paying jobs. It’s great to know I have the endorsement of organizations and individuals who feel the same and know I can get the job done.”